Monday, April 23, 2007

procom is over

I'm glad procom is over...there were a few really bad incidents, but it ended...i guess we're not in a position to say it ended well. I delivered a presentation on my research and I've learnt a few things

1. When delivering a presentation...you have to crack a few jokes, no matter how cheesy they are.
2. You have to stay lively and maintain a light mood.
3. You cannot impress everyone so pick out people who look interested.
4. Technical presentations are the most boring.
5. Always keep the Q/A session in the end, no matter if the end of the world is coming in the next five minutes

I wish I could have done a better job in procom and during the presentation...was representing FAST as a trend setter in research...so it was big deal. sigh.

No comments: